Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: What do your names mean? (new one!)

  1. #31
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you haven't figured it out ... I have a daughter who takes ballet classes.

    I have a friend who is 4-foot-10.5 inches. That half inch is very important in Arkansas, because if you are 4-10 or under, you're supposed to be in a booster seat when riding in a auto [img]wink.gif[/img] Needless to say, we tease her mercilessly.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's my old nick from college - using the last three letters of my family name with the i added at the end.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well...
    I want to go to Gombe one day, and I am a girl so Gombe Gal
    For those who don't know where Gombe is it is where Jane Goodall works. Here is a link to her website.
    I love learning what all of your names mean! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    Unfortunately, height doesn't help too much with age confusion! [img]wink.gif[/img] I'm 5'6" and 28 years old, and people guess my age to be around 13-16. I even had a college classmate ask me if I was a gifted high school student taking courses at college.

    I appreciate looking young since it's a traditional four-year college, so I'm one of the oldest students there. It helps me fit in. You definitely will appreciate it as you get older! [img]smile.gif[/img] The only problem is, if everyone thinks you're a little kid, you might have a hard time making friends your own age! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had the opposite Melissa. While I was still in primary school - it must have been 4th grade so I was only 10 - one day while walking to the loo one of my class mates called after me 'teacher! teacher!' - he thought I was one of the teachers at school who were as tall (or rather short) as I was. In fact I have the school picture from grade 4 and I'm taller than my primary school teacher.

    Luckily having looked 'older' for the majority of my first years, I don't have that problem anymore and people are rather surprised that I'm already the age I am. Nature is kind to me [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome K4treasures!


    My name is pretty simple. My first name is Monica, and I am a former Marine.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My name is from when I was a camp counselor, I was Skittles. I changed it to Skittl because it is shorter, and I really don't even like Skittles the candy, so I didn't want it to be the same.

    The numbers are from 13, 2 and 10 which were all baseball numbers of boys I liked in middle school/ high school.

    But then 2 was my dance team audition number and I made it, so it was a lucky number. I don't know when I dropped the 0, but 1321 is what I always use now. I used to like the number 13 because everyone was against it, and 21 is the day of November my husband and I first went on a date.

    I have friends who still call me Skittles, but most of them have shortened it to Skits. So I even have a nickname for a nickname [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar
    All American Girl, because I'm proud to be an American and I love collecting American Girl dolls, and then my birthday Febuary 9, 1982.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member amandajg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    407
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just changed my display name on the edit your profile screen to my real name. My sign in name is mllea, which is French (Mademoiselle=Mlle) + A (Amanda). On all other boards I tend to have some obscure screen name, so it is kind of refreshing to actually have my real name on this one.

    Shortie, you only think you're short because in the Midwest, particularly Michigan, where there is a high % of people with Dutch/German/Scandanavian ancestry (who genetically tend to be on the tall side)! I know it's generalizing and stereotyping and whatnot, but it's true. At 5'3", I thought I was incredibly short growing up in Michigan. But then when I came to Montreal, I realized that I was more like "normal" height! again, please no one take this the wrong way, I'm definitely generalizing here, but the stereotype that the midwest is full of tall blondes does tend to be... *more* true than in other parts of North America/the world. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very self explanatory. My first and middle names!

    I am also short, 5'2". Of course, at home on the Pueblo, I am not that short- but up here in Wisconsin, I definitely feel a lot smaller than the average. I have a hard time finding pants in the short length- especially since I'm not a size 4 or anything.

    I like being small. I still get on buses at the student rate!

  10. #40
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was a beauty queen in college. A friend of mine bought me a cow figurine with a crown and a sash that said, "Miss MooMoo."

    :-)

    It's so cute. I keep it in my bathroom to this day - it reminds me there are all different kinds of beauty!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •